IMAXTREE.com Image by: IMAXTREE.com
Jacobs was not alone: Frida Giannini stayed true to the Gucci aesthetic of spice and glamour for her spring collection all while pushing the house’s boundaries. We adored the clashes of colour (turquoise meets tangerine) and the decadent accessories: Copper python belts tasseled just so and emerald suede, gold-plated heels.
You love the look, yes? So how do you make it work in your wardrobe’s current landscape? The answer lies with Emily Scarlett; H&M’s Public Relations Manager and Spokesperson. The brand has an undeniable ability to take a trend and make it accessible to all of us (and we love them for that).
Here, she shares the top five pieces every woman should own.
1. The Maxi Dress: “This is going to be a great piece for summer. You can dress it up or down with the addition of accessories – I’m loving long necklaces and stacked bracelets. Think gypsy-meets-city.”
2. Wide-legged pants: “This is a simple way to bring a hint of the trend into your existing wardrobe without investing in an entire look. Opt for denims or a dressier version in a pant. Skinnies are taking a vacation this spring!”
3. The Clog: “Karl Lagerfeld did it in spring 2010 and will good reason. It’s a great shoe (comfort aside!) and you can pair them with virtually anything: Shorts, skirts, dresses.”
4. The Peasant Blouse: “Love this piece. So effortless and a great transitional piece in between seasons.”
5. The Mid-Length Skirt: “A flowing skirt that hits the shin just below the knee is a knock-out look for next season. Take it from summer to fall with the addition of tights.”
Ready to shop? For ELLE editors picks on our favourite ‘70s-inspired fashions, please click here.