Even Kendall Jenner goes makeup free (or nearly makeup free – we all must start somewhere) on occasion. (Photo: Instagram/kendalljenner)
Building a beauty routine that works for you is all about prioritizing: Maybe you don’t have the time (or the desire) to learn how to achieve editorial-level contouring, but by age 30, possessing one go-to shade of blush that makes your skin look like it was kissed by a Victoria’s Secret model is manageable. Below, see the 7 health and beauty habits you should master (and which ones you should ignore) in your twenties:
1. OK: Not knowing how to make a fishtail braid.
Not OK: Not understanding that dry shampoo is the secret to the universe, happiness and an extra hour of sleep.
2. OK: Not knowing how to pronounce Gewürztraminer.
Not OK: Not knowing how to pronounce “I only drink champagne”.
3. OK: Not “getting” nail art.
Not OK: Still biting your nails.
4. OK: Wearing every free sample of makeup you can get your hands on.
Not OK: Wearing a foundation that doesn’t match your face.
5. OK: Using self-tanner.
Not OK: Skipping sunscreen.
6. OK: Indulging in a doughnut.
Not OK: Thinking a bacon doughnut is a complete breakfast.
7. OK: Occasionally going out for a few drinks with friends.
Not OK: Falling asleep with your makeup on at the end of the night.