I’m in love with this fall hair style. It’s so polished, smooth and chic for day or night. I attempted to recreate it on my own, but after many failed attempts (just couldn’t get my hair smooth ans shiny enough!), I enlisted the help of Charles Baker Strahan, hair stylist for Herbal Essences. Here are his tips for getting this impeccably smooth hair style.
1. This look is all about being sleek and touchably smooth and the first place to start is in the shower. To create the right base for styling, I recommend Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner that has a built-in smoothing serum to help control frizz and maintain smoothness.
2. Next, work styling gel (try Herbal Essences Set Me Up Styling Gel) through your wet hair and blow-dry your hair straight using a boar bristle round brush to smooth down the cuticle layer.
3. Then pull your hair back into a low ponytail.
4. Next, apply Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split-End Protector to the ends of your hair and separate the pony in two and twist each section into opposing directions allowing the sections to twist around one another and down upon themselves. Then secure the ends underneath with bobby pins.
5. You can artfully manipulate the coils and secure areas with pins for extra hold.
6. The last step is to finish the look with a bit of hairspray to smooth down any flyaways (Try: Herbal Essences Set Me Up Extra Hold Hairspray).
“You could do this for everyday, but it would be a fun look for an event,” explains Charles.
Since my main quest was to get ultra smooth hair, Charles provided his number one tip for getting sleek hair.
“I really like using Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner because of its built-in smoothing serum that helps hair fibers lie flat and leaves hair smooth, making your hair reflect increased light for that desirable ultra smooth, shiny appearance,” he explains.
What do you think of this look? Do you have any hair smoothing tips to share?