It seems a little early to be chatting about our December holiday issue when some of you are still putting the finishing touches on your Gaga tribute outfit for Halloween, but we couldn’t resist. For this year’s $25,000-plus Holiday Giveaway, you have a chance to win one of 45 gifts—from a $1,650 diamond dotted Longines Dolce Vita watch, to a $1,000 gift certificate from HMV to beauty packages from CK, Prada, Nina Ricci and L’Occitane en Provence to name a few. Read more…
I’m in love with this fall hair style. It’s so polished, smooth and chic for day or night. I attempted to recreate it on my own, but after many failed attempts (just couldn’t get my hair smooth ans shiny enough!), I enlisted the help of Charles Baker Strahan, hair stylist for Herbal Essences. Here are his tips for getting this impeccably smooth hair style.
1. This look is all about being sleek and touchably smooth and the first place to start is in the shower. To create the right base for styling, I recommend Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner that has a built-in smoothing serum to help control frizz and maintain smoothness.
2. Next, work styling gel (try Herbal Essences Set Me Up Styling Gel) through your wet hair and blow-dry your hair straight using a boar bristle round brush to smooth down the cuticle layer.
3. Then pull your hair back into a low ponytail.
4. Next, apply Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split-End Protector to the ends of your hair and separate the pony in two and twist each section into opposing directions allowing the sections to twist around one another and down upon themselves. Then secure the ends underneath with bobby pins.
5. You can artfully manipulate the coils and secure areas with pins for extra hold.
6. The last step is to finish the look with a bit of hairspray to smooth down any flyaways (Try: Herbal Essences Set Me Up Extra Hold Hairspray). Read more…
At David Dixon, hair and makeup was both very pretty, and very wearable.
For makeup, skin was matte with some highlight at the cheekbones using eyeshadow in Morning Light (a favourite of Eddie Malter, Official Makeup Artist with L’Oreal). Eyebrows were made bolder with Wear Infinite eyeshadow in 821, while the lids were gilded with a touch of HIP eyeshadow in 538. A bit of eyeliner on the lower lash line and a quick sweep of mascara finished the eye look. Cheeks were played up with a pink blush in Sweet Blush in 820 while lips were given a matte pinkish look using L’Oreal Single eyeshadow in Golden Sunset 820.
For hair, the look was created by Dixon’s creative team using just a bit of styling wax and hairspray. The hair was first side parted with it coming over the forehead just slightly, and then swept into a low side ponytail, with it kept a bit loose, almost gaping a bit. The resulting style is put together, clean and simple.
Which look from LG Fashion Week was your favourite?