(Image courtesy of Lolë)
1. This year will mark the fourth time the fitness-apparel brand has staged a massive yoga class, with an expected 25,000 yogis participating globally.
2. City locations will include Montreal, Toronto, New York and Paris as well as newcomers Whistler and Los Angeles.
3. The theme is all about the calming influence of nature, so each class will be held under open skies. (Last year’s theme was museums.) Examples include Central Park in New York City, Santa Monica Pier in Los Angeles and the historic Fort York in Toronto.
4. An all-white clothing dress code is enforced (bad for your bum but symbolic of peace, so…), which makes for a gorgeously curated spectacle. All participants will be given a canary-yellow yoga mat to punctuate the look. #somanyselfies
5. Live music by local artists will be piped through each space, making it a likely unforgettable event across the globe. It kicks off in Whistler on July 18 at the Olympic Plaza. Tickets are $35 and available at lolewomen.com.
14 celebs working on their fitness game
7 tips to feel more confident naked
Celebrity hair: All the cuts and colours in 2015
We want to know about your hair!
Take our short survey between now and Friday July 24 for a chance to win a T3 Twirl 360 Auto-Rotating Curling Iron ($275). This content is now closed.
15 beauty secrets editors know that you don’t
The BEST summer beauty investment (other than sunscreen)
All the celeb hair cuts and colours in 2015
If the blue eyeshadows and liners brightening up the spring 2015 runways at Honor, Elie Saab and Emanuel Ungaro weren’t enough to make you pull out your stash of cobalt eyeshadow, you now have a feel-good reason to do so, too.
As part of its “Wink If You’re With Us,” campaign, the cosmetic industry’s charitable organization Beauty Gives Back is asking women (and men!) to wear blue eyeshadow to call attention to the emotional and physical needs of women living with cancer. (You can post the photos online with the hashtag #WinkDay).
Worried your hands aren’t steady enough to sculpt a bold blue look straight from the runway? In Toronto, the Cancer Blues mobile make-up studio will be on hand (in the King West and Liberty Village areas on June 17; at the Eaton’s Centre and Queen West on June 28; and at the Blue Jays’ game on June 19) with professional makeup artists to design your bold blue look. The ELLE Canada beauty team will also be taking part and posting our looks.
Will you be taking part? Be sure to share your photos.
5 bright summer beauty looks inspired by Orange is the New Black
The products we’re lusting after for July
The #1 reason to stop tanning this summer