CIBC Credits: CIBC
1. What's your fitness moto?
Champions are made when no one is watching!
2. How to motivate yourself when you're feeling sluggish?
I usually try to think about my teammates. They work just as hard as I do everyday and I don’t want to let them down.
3. Workout song that revs you up:
“Bangarang” by Skrillex
4. Song that helps you chill:
Any Ed Sheeran song
5. Technique you use for relaxing:
I usually try to concentrate on my breathing. Slow deep breaths help.
6. Best training advice you've ever been given:
That it’s okay to be a little selfish sometimes. There is nothing wrong with taking the time you need when you need it.
7. What you eat first thing in the morning:
A bowl of oatmeal with honey and bananas
8. What you eat before a workout:
We train in the morning so its usually that oatmeal bowl.
9. What you eat after a workout:
An omelette with potatoes and toast!
10. What you wash your face or body with post-workout?
I really love using St. Ives Apricot scrub. We train outside and it is great for removing sunscreen and sweat.
11. How many glasses of water do you drink a day?
I drink about three litres during practice and then about 6 glasses of water outside of that.
12. How do you style your hair during a workout?
Ever since I cut my hair I love just putting it up into a high ponytail.
13. Favourite thing to do on during your downtime?
Like any girl I love shopping and spending time with friends.
14. Biggest food indulgence?
Anything with cheese!
Christine Roper is part of the CIBC Team Next, a program created by CIBC, lead partner at the Pan Am/Parapan Am Games.