From soft and wispy to short and cute, bangs are the latest way celebrities are making a bold style statement. ELLECanada.com picked the four hottest trends and gives you tips on how you can work the fringe.
Long & side-swept
Busy babes like Nicole Ritchie and Eva Mendes are partial to easy, elegant side-swept bangs. It’s a super low maintenance look that really frames the face. Hanson credits its popularity to its versatility. “It compliments many face shapes from square to heart shape. And different layer lengths can highlight specific features such as your eyes, cheeks or jaw line” he explains. Plus this sexy style works on most hair types including tricky curls.
Wow factor: 3
Styling ease: 4
'It compliments many face shapes from square to heart shape,' says stylist, Dylan K Hanson
- Ask your hairdresser for long, casual layered fringe starting from the high point of the head.
- Start with a soft hold product to support styling.
- Blow dry hair smooth and to the side with a soft brush.
- Desparois and McKay suggests changing up the look by switching up the side your hair is parted on. And Hanson uses either a flat iron or curling iron to create lots of different looks from polished curls to wavy layers around the face.
- Trim only when necessary - this style looks good as it grows out.
Tip: Work with your stylist when growing bangs out – they can help you transition your hair from bangs to long layers and back to all one length. And accessories like hairbands are your friend.