Smashbox Image Factory Shadow Liner in Bronze Metallic
- Picture 16/17
- Smashbox Image Factory Shadow Liner in Bronze Metallic ($25), at Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix, Murale and Sephora stores across Canada, smashboxcanada.com.
- Picture 17/17
- Tough, edgy and not for the shy and retiring—it’s a fringe phenomenon, people.
Seen at Versace, Elie Saab, Calvin Klein, Marni, Antonio Berardi.
Masterminds Guido Palau, creative consultant for Redken and king of the hairdressing universe, was responsible for the sharp bangs seen at Calvin Klein and Versace. He called the Rooney Mara-esque hair “a strong rock ’n’ roll look—very cool and very Donatella.” At Antonio Berardi, John Frieda stylist Orlando Pita went for smooth, glossy bangs sharply cut above the brows.
And furthermore Precision cuts speak of a controlled edge that’s so very now.
Real talk Hold the scissors! The Versace micro-bangs were hand-cut extensions clipped into the crown of the head.
- Picture 1/17
- Bordeaux, brick, tomato, black cherry.... In matte, velvet or shine, lipstick ruled the runway.
Seen at House of Holland, Givenchy, YSL, Sportmax, Michael Kors, Ruffian, Zac Posen.
Colour play McGrath, who created the lacquered lips for YSL, called the trend “lip noir.” Backstage at House of Holland, artist Lucia Pica gave us the how-to on the bold red mouth. After applying a cherry lip pencil, she dusted the mouth with a translucent powder and then used a mix of M.A.C’s Russian Red, Ruby Woo and Lady Danger lipsticks. “It’s all the favourite reds together—it’s like heaven.”
Counterpoint The spring shows saw many dark mouths; fall often featured bare faces. Fashion is fickle. You don’t need to be. Wear lippy and own the universe.
JACOB Lip Duo in Runway Diva
- Picture 2/17
- JACOB Lip Duo in Runway Diva ($10), at stores across Canada, jacob.ca.
Chanel Rouge Allure in 99 Pirate
- Picture 3/17
- Chanel Rouge Allure in 99 Pirate ($40), at Chanel beauty counters.
Fall 2012 beauty trends report