For the final State Dinner as the First Lady, Michelle Obama's choice of dress didn't disappoint, and will certainly go down as one of the most memorable sartorial moments of her time as FLOTUS. The rose gold chain mail dress by Atelier Versace looked incredible, yes, but was also a nice nod to the visiting Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi and his wife, Agnese Landini.
It's not the first time Michelle dressed for the occasion: She wore Canadian designer Jason Wu to greet Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Sophie Trudeau, and Japanese-American designer Tadashi Shoji to dine with the Prime Minister of Japan.
Up your costume game on October 31st.
To debut their collab with H&M (which comes out on November 3rd worldwide), Kenzo designers Carol Lim and Humberto Leon threw a fashion fiesta in New York City.
On Wednesday night, models walked – and danced – their way around a square runway wearing a collaborative collection that stayed true to Kenzo’s vibrant aesthetic, and will surely be fun to wear.
Patterns ranged from bold florals to tiger stripes and leopard prints in every colour, and we can’t wait to get our hands on the jeans, oversized dresses and kimono jackets.
The show garnered more than a few celebrity guests, who were clearly just as excited as we are about the collab. Lupita Nyong’o, Elizabeth Olsen, Chloe Schevigny and Charli XCX were in attendance in fun looks from the collection.
Food-based beauty products you don't have to make yourself.
If you primarily use your kitchen as a place to store utensils for your UberEats deliveries, it’s unlikely you’re the type to whip up homemade beauty products. These fruit-and vegetable-based face masks will add more nutrition to your life (if not to your diet).
When Lev Glazman, co-founder of Fresh Beauty, set out to make a brightening face mask, he used food-grade-level citrus fruits that contain powerful natural alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) to make up half of the ingredient list. Naturally sourced ingredients can also be antibacterial (honey), anti-inflammatory (blueberry extract) and even firming (green banana and thyme).
No time to mask, you say? Take your cue from Glazman, who says he masks while doing almost anything: “I drink tea, I watch TV,” he says. “My daughters and I love watching reruns of Sex and the City.” Count us in.
1) Erborian Pâte au Ginseng Black Concentrated Mask ($76), at sephora.ca.
2) Renee Rouleau Triple Berry Smoothing Peel ($113.38), at reneerouleau.com.
3) Ole Henriksen Truth Sugar Glow Polishing Mask ($55), at sephora.ca.
4) Tata Harper Purifying Mask ($87), at tataharperskincare.com.
5) The Body Shop Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask ($28), at thebodyshop.ca.
6) Clarins Extra-Firming Mask ($65), at clarins.ca.
7) Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy-Boosting Face Mask ($80), at sephora.ca.
8) Éminence Citrus & Kale Potent C+E Masque ($45), at thefacialroom.ca.
9) Kiehl's Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque ($45), at kiehl's.ca.