Feb 15, 2007
Feb 15, 2007
"These matte pink lips are a modern take on the Bridgitte Bardot sex-kitten look," says April Jacob, founder and creator of Pink Beauty Cosmetics. "They're understated but very romantic." Here's how to get the perfect petty-in-pink pout.
1. To find your inner feline, prime lips by gently rubbing them with a dry washcloth, then apply a moisturizing balm, blotting away the excess.
2. Keep the look fresh by filling in the lips with a matte or semi-matte lipstick.
3. When choosing colours, Jacobs says that "women with fair skin look best in blue pinks, whereas those with an olive or darker complexion look best in peachy pinks."
4. Keep the rest of your makeup neutral with taupe eyeshadow and black mascara, dusting on a rosy blush for a feminine flush. Purrfect!
Walk the line with a fierce stripe of blush.
"Strong blush, popular in the 80s, complements the current retro trend in fashion," says Goldie Ghoncheh, international makeup artist for Du Wop. But it still needs a little updating.
1. Begin by evening out skin tone with a tinted moisturizer. Apply concealer where needed, and dust the face with translucent loose powder.
2. For dry skin, use fingertips to apply a cream blush on the apples of the cheeks and blend outward along the cheekbones to just below the hairline, near the tops of the ears.
3. For oily skin, choose a powder formulation and apply with a brush. "Start lightly, but really build up the colour," says Ghoncheh.
4. An ivory eyeshadow, black eyeliner and mascara and a neutral lip gloss are all you need to turn up the volume on this old-school vibe.
Photo courtesy of www.imaxtree.com