It's said that a true geisha can stop a man in his tracks with a single glance. Work that old-world magic with the help of a new-world trick. "Fake eyelashes add instant glamour," says Melissa Gibson, a senior makeup artist for M.A.C. Cosmetics. Although wearing "falsies" intimidates many, it's actually easier than it seems.
1. Start by curling your real lashes and applying mascara as you would normally.
2. Then, trim the length of the strips to fit your eyes and squeeze a small amount of lash glue onto the seam of the strip. "Wait until the glue gets slightly tacky to make the lashes easier to apply," advises Gibson.
3. Carefully place the strip as close as possible to the upper lash line, using your index finger to push it in place from one end to the other. To keep the focus on the lashes, stick with neutral eye shadows applied on the lid and slightly above the crease.
4. To remove the lashes, simply peel them off slowly from the outer corner inward.
And, kirer! ("Beautiful" in Japanese.)
Bare Essentials: To showcase your gorgeous new fringe, keep the rest of your makeup minimal.
This "no makeup" look is all about radiating natural beauty, says Neil Assenheimer, a trainer for Shiseido Canada. "It focuses on the skin and lets your own unique features shine through." It's also the perfect base for extra long lashes.
1. After applying moisturizer, apply a sheer foundation.
2. Dab concealer on problem areas and dust on bronzing powder to give you a sun-kissed look.
3. For a dewy effect, apply highlighting product to the cheekbones.
4. To complete the look, Assenheimer recommends "a flesh-coloured lipstick or gloss to give your lips a natural yet luscious wash of colour."
Photo courtesy of www.imaxtree.com